Wash Day @ 4 Weeks Post
With my new workout taking its toll on my body, I’m unable to do my hair as I want to. Secondly, I just don’t feel like it. All I’ve worn this week is one day of clip in extensions, four days of ponytail and buns. I know when my body gets well, I’ll be back in the game.
If you’ve been following me on my facebook, then you know I broke my no new product goal. The reasons are that I needed to clarify the hair since I don’t co-wash during the week plus all the sweat from the workout and product build can’t be left kin the hands of regular shampoo.I got ORS aloe shampoo and then when I was about leaving the shop, lo and behold! ApHogee 2 minutes reconstructor. Do you remember my 2013 goals? Well, I’ve finally laid my hands on it purposely for quicker protein treatments as I’m not in the mood to deal with my hair. Don’t know when that will change!
Anyways, since I had a lot of stuff to do on Saturday, I decided to wash on Friday night after workout. Let’s look at the process, tools and products used.
- Shampooed with ORS aloe shampoo to clarify
- Followed up with Crème of nature detangling shampoo
- T-shirt wrapped for 5 minutes to remove excess water
- Then applied Dark and Lovely Anti Breakage treatment- I was to use it up!
- Covered with shower cap. Felt too tired to wash out so went to bed with it.
- This morning, I washed it out, t-shirt dried for about 20 minutes
- Applied Mane ‘n Tail conditioner as leave-in
- Sealed with sheabutter.
- Blow dried on cool since I was expecting some visitors and didn't go the salon either because my stylist is still not back from her vacation. I didn't use a heat protectant; on the last two occasions I have, I ended up with dry, hard hair! It's for this reason that I didn't like my last flatironed hair (see it here). This time, my hair felt so soft and moisturized so until I change or find out what's wrong with my heat protectant, I'll use the sheabutter. Secondly, I don't plan of flat ironing till the end of the year.
- Put the hair into flexi rod set
- Results will be on my instagram/facebook pages but here are pictures of my trimmed hair! Compare this to the last length check here.