Relaxer Update (6): Second Touch Up Of The Year!
--> Yes, I got it done during the week. I wasn't so enthusiastic about this one cos I had the nasty protein over load mishap and feared I didn't retain that much. At the end of this post, let me know your thoughts.
- Coated the already relaxed hair with sheabutter
- She sectioned the hair into six
- The whole application took 20-25 minutes but this time, she didn't smooth as the previous stylist would; rather, she combed through only once and rinsed the relaxer off
- She then applied a protein deep conditioner-ApHogee 2 minutes reconstructor and sat me under the dryer for 3 minutes
- Rinsed the protein treatment off and applied moisturizing conditioner- Keracare humecto and sat under the dryer with a shower cap for 30 minutes
- Rinsed the hair and neutralized with Easy waves neutralizing shampoo with colour indicator twice; leaving the second one on for 3 minutes
- Rinsed and used Organic Root Stimulator Aloe shampoo once to wash to ensure the relaxer was out completely
- Added One step leave in and got a roller set
|New length- Please click to enlarge|
|Click to enlarge|
Here's the video showing my length
Overall, I'm grateful for the length I retained despite all the downs during this stretch!
What are your thoughts?