Wash Day: Trying Ebony's Air Drying Technique
--> It's a new beginning- almost one week post relaxer (see my relaxer post here, my stretching posts here, here and here ). I don't want to suffer any protein overload so I'm making it a point to use a moisturizing conditioner right after any protein deep conditioner I use. "Any" because I have products with different types of protein-Keratin to soy.Wash Process
- Over night pre-poo with Vatika Coconut oil (see review here)
- Shampooed once with diluted Creme of Nature Detangling Moisturizing shampoo (see review here)
- Used a t-shirt to bloat out excess water
- Applied the Elasta QP DPR mixed with olive oil
- Sat under Carmen hooded dryer for 15 minutes
- Rinsed and t-shirt dried for 5 minutes
- Applied Kuza Indian Hemp cholesterol for 1 hour- was doing my laundry
- Rinsed and dried with microfiber towel for 3 minutes
- I detangled with a wide tooth comb and the soft, smooth texture I got just wowed me! I really love the kuza and will do the review this week.
I've been meaning to try Ebony's air drying technique for a long time now and since I have a hooded dryer, I used today's wash to test it
- Grabbed my satin scarf and bobby pin
- Combed all my hair to the back
- Pulled the whole hair into a bun so that the hair doesn't get caught up in the scarf when tying it down at the edge
- Tied down the edges with the scarf and released the hair down
- Sat under the dryer for 5 minutes, came out and shuffled the hair and went back under it.
- Once the hair was dried, I mixed sheabutter and olive oil together and massaged it into the hair
- Results? Dried, smooth hair! All the pictures I took turned out blurred:( I'll be using this technique quite a lot so you'll be seeing pictures of the results!