Wash Day @ 7 Weeks Post; Did A Black Rinse All By Myself
Ladies, my hair has been superb this past month; I simply adore it! This wash day also went pretty smoothly and gave me a great experience with twist outs!
- Friday evening, I clarified with Organic Root Stimulator aloe shampoo by diluting it in spray bottle. Made shampooing so easy!
- Followed with the last bit of Creme of Nature detangling Shampoo (see review here)
- T-shirt dried to reduce the water quantity in the strands to allow for deeper penetration of the deep conditioner
- Applied Queen Helene cholesterol with Ginseng (has keratin amino acids) for 5 minutes
- Rinsed and t-shirt dried for a while and sat under my hooded dryer to about 50% dried hair into to apply the Affirm semi permanent black colour
- I divided my hair into four sections; found the right glove I couldn't find during my henna treatment (here) and used a white poly bag in the left; the reverse of the henna incident! I applied the colour with the aid of a mirror.
- I sat under the hooded dryer for 30 minutes as stipulated and rinsed with cold water before applying Keracare Humecto. Went back into the dryer for 15 minutes and rinsed
- T-shirt dried for about 5 minutes, applied Cantu Shea butter leave in (review here. 50gh in my shop) and Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 moisturizer. I twisted the hair and used perm rods to keep the ends from unraveling.
- Next day, I sat under the dryer for extra 10 minutes to be sure the twists were properly dried. I tied the hair with a scarf as I went about my chores.
- I applied a bit of olive oil on my fingertips before undoing the twist to decrease frizz. Loveeedddd the results!! The hubby was concerned people will assume I had a wig on! It happens often anyway.
|Twist out results|
Went to the mall to meet some ladies and scanned through products at The Game after one of the ladies, Augusta, "instagrammed" a picture of their hair products isle. They have stocked up on VO5 give me moisture conditioner for almost 13gh. I mustered all the resistance I could get and left without purchasing anything! Then, I went to say hello to my weaveologist and saw Dark and Lovely Amla legend. I simply grabbed one and paid for it before she could even tell me what it was.lol She understood that I knew the product! It smells so sweet and doesn't tingle so I'll be able to apply on the scalp frequently!
Really enjoyed my wash day.
How was your wash day?