Reader Q: What Do I Intend To Do With My Hair?
- Why the big chop? I knew if I went the transitioning route, I wouldn't survive. Plus, it was obvious that I was struggling with getting the hair back to its health so there was no need keeping up with the torture.
- What was my husband's reaction? I'd talked about getting rid of the damaged hair though he didn't know how and when I was going to do that. Even though he's not fond of short hair, he knows the hair will grow back so I guess experience played a major role here. He'd seen my first big chop and how the hair grew back. I didn't ask for his permission but I did want him to be comfortable with my decision that's why I expressed my intentions.
- Henna: I'm sure staying away from henna as I have very fine strands and won't want straight hair permanently.
- What will be the first style you want to do once you have some length? Am currently using wigs but with my own hair, Afro kinky twists or crotchet braids
- Wash n Gos: I know from April, I'll be doing braids or twists with extensions quite frequently thus I won't be doing wash n gos for long!
- Locs or loose natural? Definitely loose for now. I may get loc extensions but won't go for any permanent loc for years to come
- What about my current relaxed hair products? I'll keep using them because the same products work for natural hair so there's no need to change. Back when I was natural, I used most these products thus it isn't something new.
- Will I ever relax again? No. I did this big chop and that's the final one I'll do.