This post was inspired by EbonyCPrincess of longing4length’s article on what happens after we share our reviewed products- do we continue using them? In no particular order, let’s start.
1. Keracare Humecto (Review here): I’ve literally only had this as my moisturizing deep conditioner since I did the review and I won’t be replacing it. If anything at all, I’ll add another moisturizing deep conditioner. The results from this product has been consistent; it’s curbed my protein issues, and a little goes a long way though it’s pricey. I have discovered the big bottle which is comparatively cheaper so I’ll be saving to get it for the year.
- Kuza Indian Hemp Cholesterol (Review here): I loved this product too but after a while, I realised that leaving it longer than 2 minutes on my hair left my hair hard. My search revealed that cholesterol products also contain product so I’ve stopped using it. Apart from that, I have no complaints against it.
Queen Helene cholesterol with ginseng (Review here) : Another cholesterol treatment so I parted ways with it. The keratin content is good for those looking for a mid relaxer treatment. I gave away the remaining bottle.
Roux porosity control conditioner ( Review here) I’ve been using it and it’s a keeper. I’ve recently been using it as a pre poo treatment and it’s awesome that way! The moisturizing shampoo tames the protein in it!
5. Creme of Nature Detangling shampoo ( see review here): I’ve been using it the whole year and it’s not leaving my stash! A great detangler too which means I get two uses out of it too.
6. Vatika Coconut oil (review here) : Gave away the rest because I couldn’t get over the smell; some ladies are ok with the smell though. Aside that, it’s a great product.
7. Cantu Sheabutter leave in (review here) I have stuck to this and will maintain it as my protein leave in.
On the whole, I have maintained a majority of the products and won’t be replacing them.
What products have you liked or disliked in 2013?
I’m Abena Nyarkoaa and I’m passionate about healthy hair and skin care. It’s a pleasure haring what I learn with others.