This week’s wash day experience theme has to do with Prepoo. I know I haven’t being consistent with wash day experience themes but I’ll try whenever I can.
During my last wash, I didn’t like how my hair felt after using the sulphate free shampoo. I thought of 3 likely reasons for that and decided to test out each theory. Well, I’d wanted to skip Prepoo this week to see how the shampoo will work but because of the theme, I will told myself I had nothing to loose as I had my sulphate shampoo on hand. Am glad I took that step!
 Prepoo with virgin coconut oil for about 5 hours! I covered the hair with deep conditioning cap, satin bonnet and a silk scarf thinking Iwanted more heat so I could prepoo quickly. Ah! well, that led to a new discovery; I didn’t have the smell of the oil in my nose so I wasn’t motivated to wash quickly.
 Shampooed with ORS hairepair invigorating shampoo once unlike the previous time. I thoroughly rinsed it out and I was blown away by the soft, silky, smooth hair I had! I couldn’t believe it! I guess product build up might have been the cause for the last episode. Am going to restock the ors aloe shampoo to use once every 3 or 4 weeks to clarify (and also for neutralizing) and maintain the sulphate free shampoo for every other wash. Since I’ll be clarifying, I won’t need to restock the Creme of Nature detangling shampoo for now; just use up what is left 🙂
 Deep conditioned with a mix of keracare humecto, almond and hemp oils and Aussie moist conditioner for about 2 hours with the hair covered with my DC heaters lol . I’d wanted a roller set but my stylist wasn’t available I kept the mix on for as long as possible; we had the usual black out too so I just had to wait for the lights to come so I could get the rollerset.
 Leave in : Applied Aussie hair insurance leave in and beautiful textures tangle tamer leave in.
- Styling: I finally had the blue rollersets- I couldn’t capture the picture because it was dark! Yippy!!!. After roller setting, I sat under hooded dryer whilst watching the Ghana-Portugal football game.
It’s dark so I couldn’t get a clear picture.
Am just in love with my progress so far.
- Follow your hosts SavingOurStrands and JustGrowAlready via Bloglovin’, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!
I’m Abena Nyarkoaa and I’m passionate about healthy hair and skin care. It’s a pleasure haring what I learn with others.